We are going to begin defining and differentiating between the Dysthymia and the Depression. The people with depression have a normal basic line of the mood when they are not undergoing depression whereas the people with Dysthymia undergo depression all along and they do not remember, nor know, which feels when not being gotten depressed.
The dysthymia is defined typically as a chronic but less serious form of greater depression. It has many symptoms similar to other forms of clinical depression.
The depression, well-known as greater depressive upheaval (TDM or MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, by its abbreviations in English), is a common medical disease that it negatively affects the form about which you think, you feel and acts. This can take to emotional and physical problems at work that can interfere with their capacity to work in the home and.
The dysthymia, well-known as persistent depressive upheaval (TDP or PDD, by its abbreviations in English), is a chronic form of depression that is the less serious that the TDM, but that lasts years. It can hit significantly your:
- familiar life
- social life
- physical health
- daily activities
The difference between depression and dysthymia.
The TDP is used to describe to a person who clinically undergoes significant depression for a long period of time. The depression level is not generally sufficiently serious as fulfilling the criteria for the TDM.
Therefore, one of the majors differences between the two conditions is its relation with time:
The people with TDM have a normal basic line of the mood when they are not undergoing depression.
The people with TDP undergo depression all along and they do not remember, neither they know, which feels when not being gotten depressed.
The time also is a consideration in the diagnosis of the two conditions:
- For a diagnosis of TDM, the symptoms two weeks must last at least.
- For a diagnosis of TDP, the symptoms they must have been present during at least two years.
Symptoms of dysthymia versus. depression symptoms.
The symptoms of TDM and TDP are basically the same, sometimes differ in intensity. They include:
- to feel sad, empty, tearful or desperate
- Responding even to small subjects with wrath or frustration
- to lose interest in the normal daily activities, as sports, sex or pastimes
- sleeping very little or too much
- Responding even to small tasks with lack of energy.
- to lose appetite or to increase the ills of food
- to lose or to gain weight
- to feel guilty or without value
- To have problems to make decisions, to think, to concentrate themselves and to remember.
- In order to simplify in excess, the symptoms of the PDD can be less intense or debilitating, but they are continuous and lasting.
Options of treatment for the dysthymia and the depression.
The treatment for any type of depression usually is customized for the individual. The treatment for the TDM and the TDP generally includes a combination of psycotherapy and medecines.
For anyone of these affections, his doctor could recommend antidepressants, as:
- Selective inhibitors of the recaptaci³n of serotonin (ISRS), as fluoxetina (Prozac) and sertralina (Zoloft)
- inhibitors of the recaptaci³n of serotonin and norepinefrina (IRSN), as desvenlafaxina (Pristiq, Khedezla) and levomilnacipran (Fetzima)
- tricyclic antidepressants (ATC), as the imipramine (Tofranil)
For therapy, his doctor could recommend:
- behavioural cognitive therapy
- behavioural activation
- Therapy of Estimulaci³n Magn©tica Transcraneal (EMT)
EMT Is an ambulatory treatment, noninvasive and effective for some Psychiatric Neuro Upheavals/.
In spite of being a novel treatment, already it is recognized and recommended by FDA (2008) for patients with depression greater appellant, Dysthymia, as well as suicidal Attempt, chronic anxiety and panic attacks. Compulsive obsessive upheaval, upheaval of attention in adolescents, bipolar upheaval (depressive phase), hallucinations and depression in schizophrenia, cerebrovascular accident (to 1er quarterly), microphone, Parkinson, fibromyalgia, Tinnitus and other conditions.
We are the only integral center in the region that counts on this equipment to give specialized attention, what in coordination with its doctor, causes that the treatment is more effective and in smaller time.
Although the TDP and the TDM are separated conditions, the people can have them at the same time.
If it has had TDP during several years and soon it has a greater depressive episode, this is known as double depression. Or that is experiencing TDP, TDM or another type of depression, these are real and serious conditions. There is help available. With a diagnosis and an suitable plan of treatment, the majority of the people with depression surpasses it.
If it recognizes the symptoms of depression in his mood, behavior and perspective, it does not doubt in putting itself in touch with us. In the Integral Clinic of Mental Health we counted on specialized medical personnel and certificate, leaves your mental health to the care of the experts.
if you wish to know more on the Therapy of transcraneal magnetic stimulation, you do click here
For greater information on this option of therapy and its applications
Contact to us
Also it can interest to him: That is the Magnetic Stimulation Transcraneal?